Robert's Introduction - AKA Leann's Husband

Robert and Leann Sego

Many of you know Leann. She's the owner and inspiration behind Creme de la Crop and has been providing the local community with different and diverse organic vegetables through her CSA program since 2002. More recently, she has drawn upon her love of design and beauty and launched an ever-expanding apothecary product line, including soaps, candles, and skincare items.

I was excited and proud when she started the "At Home with Creme de la Crop" blog, and I have benefitted greatly from her recipe development endeavors. I love the fact that she's sharing some of the wonderful meals she comes up with with all of you.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the whole blogging thing. So I asked her if I could try my hand at it. She was gracious enough to give me a platform, so I decided to give it a whirl.

My name is Robert, though most of you know me by my given name, "Leann's Husband." I've been a postal worker most recently, but I've worked for many years in the healthcare and IT industries. I'm a proud veteran and doggy daddy. I'm new to the whole "Farm Life" thing, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible, and I've got the best teacher ever.

Most nights, over dinner, we talk about the farm and try to brainstorm about new things. Like all of you, our lives were greatly impacted by the pandemic years and the uncertainty of our current times. This led us down a path of research and discovery that has inspired us to try something new this year. In addition to the regular flowers, vegetables, and herbs we normally grow, this year, we are expanding into the realm of medicinal herbs. We're both very intrigued by the possibilities that this will offer. I'll write about some of these plants' properties and share our voyage of creating various teas, tinctures, compounds, and poultices.

I'm hoping that some of you join us on this voyage of discovery and knowledge-seeking. We'll talk soon.

Comments

Popular Posts

Get New Posts By Email